The EWI YMP-1 is a special application adaptor cable for "breaking out" a stereo TRS connection into two 1/4" Male Tip/Sleeve connections. This adaptor cable is intended for use with the EWI MP-105 cable. The EWI MP-105 cable is a Male 1/4" TRS on one end and a FXLR on the other end. When the above shown YMP-1 is used with the MP-105 cable, this will allow the TRS end on the MP-105 cable to be split out (broke out) into the Left and Right channels shown on the YMP cable.
The MP-105 cable is wired as follows:
- Pin One FXLR to Sleeve of MTRS
- Pin Two FXLR to Tip of MTRS
- Pin Three FXLR to Ring of MTRS
The YMP cable is wired as follows:
- Pin One MXLR to Sleeves of both Left and Right Male 1/4" TS ends.
- Pin Two MXLR to Tip of Left Male 1/4" TS end.
- Pin Three MXLR to Tip of Right Male 1/4" TS end.
Therefore: When MP-105 is joined to YMP, the entire pair is wired as follows:
- Tip and Sleeve of MP-105 1/4" TRS end to Left YMP 1/4" TS end.
- Ring and Sleeve of MP-105 1/4" TRS end to Right YFP 1/4" TS end.
The 1/4" MTS ends are EWI model P292-BKG
The MXLR end is an EWI mode ES3MB-GDP
The cable itself is constructed with 99.98% pure 24ga. high strand count copper conductors.