The EWI YFP-1 is a special application adaptor cable for "breaking out" a stereo TRS connection into two 1/4" Male Tip/Sleeve connections. This adaptor cable is intended for use with the EWI MP-106 cable. The EWI MP-106 cable is a Male 1/4" TRS on one end and a MXLR on the other end. When the above shown YFP-1 is used with the MP-106 cable, this will allow the TRS end on the MP-106 cable to be split out (broke out) into the Left and Right channels shown on the YFP cable.
The MP-106 cable is wired as follows:
- Pin One MXLR to Sleeve of MTRS
- Pin Two MXLR to Tip of MTRS
- Pin Three MXLR to Ring of MTRS
The YFP cable is wired as follows:
- Pin One FXLR to Sleeves of both Left and Right Male 1/4" TS ends.
- Pin Two FXLR to Tip of Left Male 1/4" TS end.
- Pin Three FXLR to Tip of Right Male 1/4" TS end.
Therefore: When MP-106 is joined to YFP, the entire pair is wired as follows:
- Tip and Sleeve of MP-106 1/4" TRS end to Left YFP 1/4" TS end.
- Ring and Sleeve of MP-106 1/4" TRS end to Right YFP 1/4" TS end.
The 1/4" MTS ends are EWI model P292-BKG
The FXLR end is an EWI mode ES3FB-GDP
The cable itself is constructed with 99.98% pure 24ga. high strand count copper conductors.